Cigna is a large insurance provider that serves over 14.5 million medical customers and 23.9 behavioral care customers around the world. Their purpose is to provide access to high quality, affordable healthcare solutions to improve each person’s physical, mental and emotional health. To help them achieve their purpose, the insurance provider has over one million partnerships with healthcare professionals, clinics and facilities.
If you have Cigna health insurance and are in need of addiction treatment services, you are in good hands. Cigna will likely cover some or much of your treatment so that you can focus on getting better. To verify your insurance at Montco Recovery Center, call 215-398-1888.
Does Cigna Usually Cover Treatment Costs?
Cigna is familiar with substance use and mental health disorders and usually helps members cover some of the costs associated with treatment. Without this help, far less people would be able to get the treatment they need to be sober, costing our economy lost production, higher crime rates and more overdose deaths. Of the one million partnerships that Cigna has, 89,000 are behavioral care professionals and 11,400 are facilities and clinics.
Like other insurance carriers, what Cigna will agree to pay is based on your insurance plan. Some people have higher premiums but lower deductibles and may only need to cover 10% to 20% of their total costs. Others may be responsible for much more. The best approach is to call your insurance company directly to get a list of services covered or call Montco Recovery Center. We will verify your insurance and let you know what your plan covers.
What Plans are Available through Cigna?
Cigna works like a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan. It offers various levels of insurance based off metals - bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Bronze is the lowest plan while platinum is the highest. If you have a lower plan, this does not mean that you are only covered for a lower level of care. Rather, insurance won’t pick up as much of the costs, and you’ll have to pay more out of pocket.
Let’s learn more about the various plans available through Cigna health insurance.
- Bronze plans. Bronze plans have a high deductible and low monthly payments. They are best for people who are generally healthy and young. If you have a bronze plan through Cigna, you will have some coverage for your treatment services. Once you meet your deductible through an in-network provider, Cigna will pick up a percentage of your treatment costs.
- Silver plans. Silver plans are a step up from the bronze plans and feature a slightly lower deductible and affordable monthly payments. Typically, silver plans cover 50% to 70% of your bill once your deductible has been met. Stick to in-network treatment centers for the best coverage.
- Gold plans. Moving up in insurance is the gold plan. These plans have low deductibles but higher monthly premiums. Even though you’ll be paying more each month, the contributions from Cigna will be greater. Once clients meet the deductible, we see Cigna pick up as much as 50% to 80% of treatment costs.
- Platinum plans. Lastly, platinum plans are the best around. They’re expensive, but they have a low deductible and greater contributions from Cigna. We see many clients who only have to pay 10% to 30% of their bill on these plans once they meet their deductible.
Montco Recovery Center Gladly Accepts Cigna Insurance
Montco Recovery Center works with most insurance carriers, and Cigna is one of them. When you call our admissions coordinators, we’ll verify insurance and let you know how much of our services are covered. We know how important it is for clients and their families to have a good idea of what they will need to pay out of pocket. To cover the costs that are not picked up by insurance, you can use a credit card or take out a personal loan. Remember, this is an investment in your health.
Fortunately, Montco controls the costs of treatment, making us a cost-effective solution for many. Not only do we keep our initial costs down, but also our treatment is tailored to each individual for improved care. Our treatment services come at an incredible value, allowing our clients to do more in less time.
Our three levels of care include Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and General Outpatient. Clients do not live at our facility as they do with other programs, so this allows us to keep costs down. Also, we are not considered a luxury facility, so you’re not paying for all the bells and whistles as you might with other treatment centers. During your time with us, you will be working on your recovery. What you pay for is evidence-based therapy and support services from qualified counselors, therapists and mental health professionals.
What Treatment Services are Covered by Cigna?
Cigna’s medical plans are flexible, so it’s possible that most of your recovery will be covered in full. Cigna supports a healthy recovery and recognizes that helping people pay for treatment is far less expensive than paying for the consequences. Consider that the estimated cost of drug abuse in the United States is $820 billion a year and growing. (This figure includes tobacco, alcohol, prescription drugs and illegal drugs.)
Below are some of the services that may be covered by your Cigna health insurance plan.
- Medical detox
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Individual, family or group therapy
- Anti-craving medication management
Cigna has a 24-hour customer service line that you can call to gather more information on your policy.
Verify Your Cigna Plan Today
Montco Recovery Center is here to help people who want it. We attempt to keep our barriers to receiving quality treatment as low as possible so that more people can take advantage of our services. With three levels of care, our admissions coordinators will determine what level is best for your needs. Because each level of care offers slightly different services, there are various prices for each. With Montco Recovery Center, you pay for evidence-based treatment, qualified staff and access to support services. Call us today to verify your insurance and learn more about your treatment options. Montco Recovery Center is not contracted with Cigna, therefore bills Cigna for services at an out-of-network rate.