Beacon Health Options provides treatment for clinical mental health and substance use disorders as well as work/life support and speciality programs for depression and autism. The insurance company, formerly known as ValueOptions, serves 40 million Americans in all 50 states and is a leader in behavioral health care services.
In 2014, there was a merger between ValueOptions and Beacon Health Strategies. This merger created the largest privately held company of its kind here in the United States. With a specialization in behavioral health care services, most providers under Beacon Health Options are accredited by the URAC and National Committee for Quality Assurance.
If you or a loved one has Beacon Health Options, it’s safe to say that you have options. The insurance company is headquartered in Boston and has over 70 locations across the U.S. They have 180+ employer clients, including large Fortune 500 companies, large employers and medium employers. Medicaid recipients are also served by the programs.
What Does Beacon Health Options Cover?
The best way to find out what your insurance plan covers is by calling the company directly. A representative can walk you through your insurance policy and the services that are covered. You can also call and talk with one of the admissions coordinators at Montco Recovery Center. We’re happy to verify your insurance, explain your benefits and tell you exactly what will be covered at our facility.
Each plan is unique, which means it’s hard to say what your insurance plan will pick up until we speak with your provider. The good news is that we usually have good luck with Beacon Health Options and are able to get our clients some help through their insurance plan. We find that many of our clients get full coverage for in-network treatment services once their deductible has been met. You may still be responsible for your copays even once you’ve reached your deductible.
Here are some of the services that Beacon Health Options may cover:
- Screenings and assessments
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Physical exams
- Withdrawal management medications
- Medical detox
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Individual, group or family counseling
Best Practices When Treating Substance Use Disorders
A wonderful benefit to having Beacon Health Options as your insurance provider is that you don’t have to explain your situation to a company that won’t understand. Beacon Health Options is well-versed in addiction and understands what goes into a healthy recovery. The company has more than 30 years of experience in managed care and has implemented various tools and resources to identify and treat substance use disorders.
Beacon Health Options advocates for recovering addicts. The company has a proven model of substance use disorder care management that relies on seven principles:
- Continuum of care. Beacon has a national network that spans across every state and offers every level of care. This helps recovering addicts return to their homes while having structure and therapy nearby.
- Screenings and assessments. Beacon has screening tools to identify substance use disorders early on when they are easiest to treat.
- Medical necessity criteria. Based on ASAM criteria, Beacon makes decisions for the intensity of treatment, the treatment setting, the need for continuing care and the readiness for discharge.
- Evidence-based treatments. Beacon promotes evidence-based treatments as opposed to New Age treatments. Evidence-based services have been backed by research and established by experts in the field.
- Streamlined system. To help administrators in the industry, Beacon offers online assessments, medical necessity determinations, authorizations, etc. at no cost to providers. Also, the company has streamlined software that allows providers to process claims, verify eligibility status and more. This leaves more time to focus on clients.
- Recovery support. Recovering addicts need support long after treatment. Beacon offers long-term support through peer services and chronic care management. The company wants enough support services to be available in our communities.
- Outcome-based improvements. Lastly, Beacon uses SAMHSA’s National Outcome Measures (NOMs) to measure and improve all substance use disorder programs. Measurements include abstinence from drugs and alcohol, social connectedness, etc. Research is gathered by assessments, surveys and outreach statistics.
Montco Recovery Center Accepts Beacon Health Options
Montco Recovery Center treats those with substance use and mental health disorders. We offer three levels of care that include a wide range of therapies, skill building workshops and psychiatric and medical services. We understand that each person is unique and has unique motivations for using drugs and alcohol. Some people struggle with a co-occurring disorder while others have a past of abuse or trauma.
Our facility accepts Beacon Health Options insurance plans. Our treatments and therapies are evidence-based and covered by the insurance company, though how much and for how long depends on your individual plan. We keep our costs down by offering partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient and general outpatient care as opposed to inpatient programs only.
Here are the three levels of care offered at Montco Recovery Center:
- Partial hospitalization. The most intensive care offered at our facility, our partial hospitalization program includes treatment for five hours a day, five days a week. A minimum of 20 hours a week is required.
- Intensive outpatient. Our intensive outpatient program, or IOP, includes five hours of treatment a day, three days a week. At least nine hours is required. Our IOP is intense, but we often recommend it after partial hospitalization.
- General outpatient. Some clients find themselves continuing with general outpatient care for a long time! This program is an excellent way to stay sober and meet your recovery goals. One individual and one group session are included each week.
Call and Verify Insurance Today!
The true cost of addiction is startling. Addiction costs our nation billions of dollars a year. As much of a financial burden this places on our economy, addiction does far more than cause financial problems. It steals lives and leaves families broken. If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance abuse problem, call Montco Recovery Center. Have your insurance verified by our admissions coordinators and find out how much care will be covered by your Beacon Health Options plan. We can be reached day or night at 215-398-1888. All calls are confidential. Montco Recovery Center is not contracted with Beacon Health Options, therefore bills Beacon Health Options for services at an out-of-network rate.